Goldstar.com is looking for a Content Strategist to work with our messaging, product and editorial teams.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, clubs, concert promoters, museums, attractions, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things to do that they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event-goer.
This is a unique position in Goldstar working at both a strategic editorial standards level and as a hands-on editor/writer. This position is responsible for planning, drafting and testing content for web and mobile interfaces, promotional campaigns, transactional emails and marketing materials all while following brand and voice guidelines that you will maintain and evolve. This spans multiple user touch-points including micro-content, UI labels, text messages, emails and long-form copy. Using content you’ll connect these touchpoints into a clear engaging story that aids the user. To ensure cohesiveness across the company, you’ll educate Goldstar teams on how to apply voice and editorial standards in their jobs. The ideal candidate should have experience working in startups or software companies and understand design thinking, user experience design, and be able to work in a fast-paced agile software development organization. Having in depth knowledge or experience writing about live entertainment -- music, theater, sports -- is a huge plus. This position is located in either our Pasadena, CA or Portland, OR offices.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and evolve Goldstar’s overall content strategy, including voice and editorial guidelines.
- Plan, draft, edit and test content for all touch-points, everything from a button label to a long form whitepaper.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to implement the content strategy.
- Train others how to apply the voice and editorial guidelines in their role.
Before applying, we recommend you:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Goldstar’s business.
- Read this job description carefully and honestly assess your fit and interest.
- Devote thought to the specific ways in which you’re well suited to this role.
How to Join Us
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you’re interested in this position and why you feel you would be successful in this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
We’re looking for an experienced detail-oriented editor who has:
- 3+ years as an online editor with experience in both UI and longform content.
- Experience using analytics and research to understand the impact of content and iterating for continuous improvement.
- Experience designing, running and interpreting user tests.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.