Senior DevOps Engineer
Goldstar loves live entertainment (watching it and participating in it!) and we want to make it easy for our members to love it too. We are looking for talented DevOps in Portland, OR and Pasadena, CA who want to use their skills to help members discover the best events in their cities and make it easier than ever to enjoy a show.
Experienced DevOps are in high demand (you probably don't need us to tell you that). What we can tell you, though, is what sets us apart from other companies: We're not a start-up, but we're still entrepreneurial. We're an established leader, but still scrappy, innovating and we're not waiting to hit some mythical milestone to get another round of funding. And with 120+ employees, we're not-too-big yet not-too-small — and still growing.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll work directly with cross-functional teams to create great experiences and successful software. You’ll have direct input on our platform, architecture and own the reliability of our site. Best of all, you'll help us spread our love of live entertainment to our members and aid thousands of theaters, musicians and comedians in building their audience. It's rewarding and just plain fun to work on something people love so much. Just check out our App Store reviews if you don't believe us:
We're looking for experienced professionals who can work with their teammates as well as designers, developers and all other members of a cross functional team team collaboratively. (We have no time or patience for “rock stars.“) We actively encourage diversity on our team and in the company as a whole. We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR, and this position is available in either location. We're excited to help relocate the right people (within the U.S.), but we're not really into telecommuters right now. Most of all, we're looking for people who know how to ship and support world-class experiences for millions of people.
About the Job
You will be working with a small (3) agile team and have an opportunity to make influential decisions regarding the technical platform. You will be able to contribute to a coveted operations environment that's a joy to work on, and still be able to get home at a reasonable time to hangout with your family and friends. We want you to help us transition from our current stack and infrastructure to a container based one. We're looking to expand our infrastructure from millions of users to tens of millions of users, and to get those users to go out more, experience their community, and enjoy life.
Technologies We're Using
- Ruby on Rails
- New Relic
- Slack (and some ChatOps)
- Strong background with AWS
- Strong background in configuration management
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Perl and/or Python (nice to have)
- Be organized, thoughtful, and detailed
- MySQL, Docker, Terraform, Packer and networking experience are also nice
- Top of market salaries based on experience
- We're a 15-year old company, self-bootstrapped and profitable
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match
- 100% paid medical, vision and dental insurance including coverage for spouses and dependents at no additional cost
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly