Account Executive, Broadway Touring
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, comedians, musicians, magicians, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event goer.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our Venue Relations team. This position will focus specifically on managing national Broadway touring theater partnerships, working to maximize sales and acquire new events that will get our members to Go Out More! It combines managing a rolodex of existing venue partnerships alongside identifying, securing and developing new partnerships in markets across the country.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about live entertainment (specifically Broadway) and is motivated by the excitement of growing our business. The role requires a combination of customer management experience, sales and pitching expertise. Experience in theater marketing and a knowledge of the Broadway touring industry is preferred.
This job will be based out of our Pasadena (Calif.) office on bustling Lake Avenue.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, developing and pitching successful pricing strategies for our partners.
- Creating and executing plans to meet and exceed established monthly goals for ticket sales, revenue, and development.
- Pitching new live entertainment partners on the benefit of working with Goldstar.
- Personally building strong relationships with key live entertainment partners.
- Growing and maximizing sales for events listed on Goldstar.
- Implementing marketing and promotion plans.
Before applying, we recommend you:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Goldstar’s business.
- Read this job description carefully and honestly assess your fit and interest.
- Devote thought to the specific ways in which you’re well suited to this role.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- A strong knowledge of the arts and entertainment industry.
- Superior networking skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and proactively.
- Thrives in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data to form recommendations on how to grow sales for partners.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.