Goldstar.com is looking for a Product Manager with design skills or a background in design to join our Portland, OR based Product and Development team.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, comedians, musicians, magicians, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event goer.
Our product managers work cross functionally with the rest of our ~30 person product and development team to design our web, iOS, and Android applications. We are specifically looking for a product manager with a a strong design and creative background (while not ignoring all the other skills that make a PM great) to work collaboratively to envision break-through user experiences using design thinking, prototyping, and user research and testing.
You will be responsible for leading and setting the direction of the opportunities your team will work work on. You'll work collaboratively with the VP of Product and the rest of the team to build a world-class user experience. You will not be a glorified project manager or scrum master, instead you will be provided ample time and resources to conceptualize and build all new user experiences across all platforms and you will be responsible for leading a team to do that. You'll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you'll be helping out thousands of artists, theaters, musicians, and comedians by helping to build their audience. It's rewarding and just plain fun to work on something people love so much.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
- So called "T" shaped skill set with breadth in all aspects of creating technology and depth in design and product management.
- Experience with design thinking, design sprints, prototyping and conceptualizing new product experiences.
- Technical capabilities and experience building web and mobile applications.
- Experience bringing new products to market and developing go-to-market plans.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Greater than 10 years of professional experience building things on the internet.
- A portfolio of products, apps, designs, etc. that you have built either as a PM or a designer.
- Proficient with industry-standard design, prototyping, and user-testing tools (such as Sketch, Framer, and Usertesting.com).
- Experience working collaboratively with development, product, marketing, and content teams.
- Commitment to improving processes and methods.
- Experience leading design sprints, user story mapping workshops, and/or other collaborative design process.
- iOS or Android-specific experience.
- Sketch expertise (our design processes are built around Sketch and Abstract).
- Proficiency with GitHub.
- Experience running agile development teams.
- Project management experience with Trello.
- Experience building prototypes in Framer.
- Top of market salaries based on experience.
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match.
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.