Senior UX Designer
Goldstar.com is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our Portland-based Product team.
UX folks are in high demand. You don't need us to tell you that. What we can tell you, though, is what sets us apart from the others: We're not a start-up, but we're still entrepreneurial. We're an established leader, but still scrappy and innovating. We're profitable—not waiting to hit some mythical milestone to get another round of funding. And with 150+ employees, we're not-too-big yet not-too-small … and still growing.
Our tight-knit Design team works directly (by embedding in cross-functional teams) with the rest of our ~40 person product team to design our responsive website, iOS, and Android applications. You'll work with our designers on information architecture, workflow, design, testing, and prototyping solutions for our 10M+ members. You'll also lead the charge when it comes to defining UX standards and strategies, doing ethnographic research, developing personas, and user-testing.
You will have influence on the design and directions of the projects you work on. You'll work collaboratively with the rest of the team to build a world-class user experience. You'll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you'll be helping out thousands of theaters, musicians, and comedians by building their audience. It's rewarding and just plain fun to work on something people love so much.
- Conceive, develop, test, and present ideas that deliver the highest quality user experience
- Lead UX research and usability testing sessions
- Define information architecture and usability standards
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorming sessions with project teams
- Continually incorporate feedback and user-testing results to improve the UX experience.
- Work with developers to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product.
- Proactively drive work forward, seeking direction when necessary and taking initiative when appropriate
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer building digital software products.
- A portfolio with examples of user workflows, wireframes or design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific problems.
- Proficient with industry-standard design, prototyping, and user-testing tools (such as Sketch, Framer, and Usertesting.com)
- Experience working collaboratively with development, product, marketing, and content teams.
- Commitment to improving processes and methods
Nice to Have's
- iOS or Android-specific experience.
- Sketch expertise. Our processes are built around Sketch and Abstract, so an understanding of how to set up files and symbols for maximum share-ability is huge.
- Excited to help us continue to flesh out our design system at a strategic level.
- Experience with Framer.js, or a comparable rapid-prototyping tool.
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- A strong professional relationship with the UX design community
Goldstar offers top of market salaries and benefits including stock options in our fast growing company and very generous health, vision and dental benefits. Also, everyone at Goldstar can enjoy free tickets every month to all of our events.