Goldstar.com is looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to join our existing team and help grow our data science team and our machine learning/deep learning capabilities. This position is located in Portland, OR.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, comedians, musicians, magicians, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event goer.
We have a small and nimble data science team that works directly with the rest of our ~40 person team and we’re looking to bring in someone to help create a world class experience for our millions of members. Our technical capabilities for delivering game changing ML solutions is young and we are looking for an experienced engineer that can help us grow our capabilities and drive use of cutting edge technologies like Tensorflow and PyTorch.
You will have significant influence on the architecture and technical decisions of the projects you work on. You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the company to build a world class user experience. You’ll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you’ll be helping out thousands of theaters, musicians, and comedians by building their audience.
We're looking for professional and experienced Rails developers that can ship code on a daily basis. We have no time or patience for "Rockstars" or brogrammers. We actively encourage diversity on our team and overall company. We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR. We're excited to help relocate the right people within the US, but we’re not really into telecommuters/remote right now, although there are always exceptions. We're looking for people that know how to ship great applications.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
We're looking for individuals experienced in working with the following things:
- Python, Scala and Ruby on Rails
- ML/deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Deep experience with ETL pipelines
- HBase, Hadoop, Redshift, S3, other cloud databases and stores
- Apache Spark/AWS Databricks
- BI Platforms like Looker or Tableau
- Top of market salaries based on experience
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly