Goldstar.com is looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our existing team and help grow our React.js applications (backed by Ruby on Rails). This position is located in either Pasadena, CA or Portland, OR.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, comedians, musicians, magicians, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event goer.
You will have significant influence on the architecture and technical decisions of the projects you work on. You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the company to build a world class user experience. You’ll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you’ll be helping out thousands of theaters, musicians, and comedians by building their audience.
We're looking for professional and experienced developers that can ship code on a daily basis. We have no time or patience for "Rockstars" or brogrammers. We actively encourage diversity on our team and overall company. We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR. We're excited to help relocate the right people, but we’re not really into telecommuters right now. Most of all, we're looking for people that know how to ship great experiences and high quality code. We provide top of market compensation and "big company" benefits like a 401k and great health insurance with the exciting atmosphere of a growth company.
We're looking for individuals who:
- Have experience with modern MVC frameworks on public facing websites
- Have experience consuming hypermedia json APIs
- Work collaboratively and openly on a diverse team
- TDD with jasmine and/or rspec/capybara
- Top of market salaries based on experience
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly