Director of Sales Operations
We are seeking an experienced sales leader for the role of Director of Sales Operations. This position will work alongside the Sr. Director of Boost Sales to grow Goldstar’s Boost Advertising Program and provide operational direction to the sales team.
Boost is a fast-growing new product for Goldstar that allows any event promoter in the Goldstar system to increase exposure for their event to Goldstar customers with the click of a mouse, as in a system like Google Ads. Thousands of organizers have already used Boost and most come back for more because it’s the only on-demand marketing platform of this kind specifically for live entertainment venues.
The program has grown and now needs a person who can build processes and systems to grow even faster, establishing metrics, creating sales tools and setting up effective marketing systems to increase ad sales and improve our pipeline of leads and prospects. The ideal candidate has proven success in driving strategic sales initiatives by implementing and executing new processes and driving revenue growth.
This job will be based out of our Pasadena (Calif.) office on bustling Lake Avenue.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Guide and manage the Boost program in conjunction with the Senior Director of Sales
- Improve existing sales funnel and pipeline management.
- Develop strategies to increase the flow of leads for the program
- Identify the need for and manage the creation of sales materials and supporting collateral.
- Create and implement systems to increase revenue from existing Boost customers and increase the close rate of new customers.
- Work cross functionally with sales team, product team, marketing and finance teams to increase Boost sales.
- Update and present monthly Boost sales report and maintain up to date forecasting for future revenue.
- Identify high impact ways to improve the product.
- 5+ years of sales management experience. Media sales experience would be very useful for this role.
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical skills and data and fact based execution.
- Demonstrated experience effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments.
- Experience problem solving and providing solutions through data driven strategies.
- Passion for live entertainment and appreciation for the Goldstar brand is a plus.
Before applying, we recommend you:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Goldstar’s business.
- Read this job description carefully and honestly assess your fit and interest.
- Devote thought to the specific ways in which you’re well suited to this role.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you’re interested in this position and why you feel you would be successful in this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.