Ruby on Rails Engineer
Goldstar.com is looking for an experienced Rails developer to join our existing team and help grow our system of applications and services. This position is located in either Pasadena, CA or Portland, OR.
Rails developers are in high demand. You don’t need us to tell you that. What we can tell you, though, is what sets us apart from the others: We're not a start-up, but we're still entrepreneurial. We're an established leader, but still scrappy and innovating. We're profitable, not waiting to hit some mythical milestone to get another round of funding. And with 100+ employees, we’re not-too-big yet not-too-small … and still growing.
We have a small backend team that works directly with the rest of our ~40 person team and we’re looking to bring in someone to help create a world class experience for our millions of members. Our backend developers work on all sorts of applications, from a large 8 year old "monorail" to small services. They work directly with each other and with designers, front end developers, mobile devs, and product to build sites, APIs and micro-services.
You will have significant influence on the architecture and technical decisions of the projects you work on. You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the company to build a world class user experience. You’ll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you’ll be helping out thousands of theaters, musicians, and comedians by building their audience.
We're looking for professional and experienced Rails developers that can ship code on a daily basis. We have no time or patience for "Rockstars" or brogrammers. We actively encourage diversity on our team and overall company. We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR. We're excited to help relocate the right people within the US, but we’re not really into telecommuters right now, although there are always exceptions. We're looking for people that know how to ship great applications.
We're looking for individuals experienced in working with the following things:
- Experience building web based experiences in dynamic languages
- Working knowledge of test driven development preferably with experience in rspec
- Experience building REST based web services
- Experience working in a service oriented architecture
- Desire to work with a team to deliver a world class user experience
- Dedication to delivering high quality code
- Top of market salaries based on experience
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly