New Events Specialist (Contract Role)
Goldstar is seeking highly motivated and ambitious people for the role of New Events Specialist for our Venue Relations team. This is an associate level role, candidates with 1-5 years of work experience are encouraged to apply.
This contractor role will focus on acquiring new events that will get our members to Go Out More! You will consult with the Venue Relations team to devise and execute strategies to bring on these new partnerships for markets across the country. We are looking for someone who is passionate about live entertainment and is motivated by the excitement of growing our business. This is a 3 month contract position, with potential to extend.
This position will be based out of our Pasadena (Calif.) office on bustling Lake Avenue.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and generating new leads for premiere arts and entertainment organizations that we do not currently work with.
- Pitching new live entertainment partners on the benefit of working with Goldstar.
- Creating and executing plans to meet and exceed established monthly goals for ticket sales, revenue, and development.
- Planning, developing and pitching successful pricing strategies for our partners.
- Personally building strong relationships with key live entertainment partners, including theater producers, concert promoters and marketing directors.
- Implementing marketing and promotion plans.
Before applying, we recommend you:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Goldstar’s business.
- Read this job description carefully and honestly assess your fit and interest.
- Devote thought to the specific ways in which you’re well suited to this role.
How to Join Us
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you’re interested in this position and why you feel you would be successful in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience required
- Superior networking skills
- A strong knowledge of the arts and entertainment industry (preferred)
- Results oriented, motivated to win, doesn’t take no for an answer
- Thrives in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Base + commission (3 month contract, potential to grow)
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.