VP of Growth / Messaging
Goldstar.com is looking for a data-driven, editorially savvy VP of Growth to manage and grow our largest revenue channel, direct messaging. You will report to the co-founder & Chief Technical Officer who oversees the Product, Design and Technical teams.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, clubs, concert promoters, museums, attractions, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things to do that they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event-goer.
As VP of Growth / Messaging you will be responsible for setting and executing our growth strategy which is focused today on email messaging to our 10 million members. You will have multiple direct reports as well as two departments, Messaging and Editorial, reporting up to you.
The Messaging team coordinates 50+ daily messaging campaigns to millions of live entertainment fans throughout the country. This role is responsible for the creation, planning and execution of timely promotions to spur members to go out to live entertainment more often.
The Editorial team is composed of writer/editors, photo editors and data enterers. This team creates our original live entertainment content on demand as new events and shows are added to the site by event organizers.
As a member of our small executive team, you’ll contribute to company level strategy and decision making. You’ll help shape the culture, brand and position of Goldstar in the live entertainment and tech industries.
This position is located in either Pasadena, CA or Portland, OR.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
We’re looking for an experienced Growth leader who has/is:
- 5+ years running targeted and personalized email and direct messaging campaigns at significant scale.
- Previous experience being directly responsible for growth and/or revenue performance.
- Proven success as a leader and manager of multiple teams and able to be accountable for your team’s performance.
- Hands-on, recent experience with omni-channel marketing tools.
- Tenaciously detailed oriented with preferably a creative or editorial background.
- Able to speak to speak in front of large groups.
- Able to prioritize with constrained resources.
- Exceptional skill at conducting research, understanding data and doing deep analysis.
- Passionate about live entertainment -- music, theater, sports -- and its role in culture and society.
- Hire, manage and develop two evolving teams (Messaging and Editorial).
- Work closely with the product, design and data science teams to implement new programs and iterate on existing ones based on data and research.
- Develop an omni-channel messaging strategy, manage implementation and track results for our campaigns, helping us create a smart omni-channel experience.
- Creation, planning and execution of timely promotions to spur members to go out to live entertainment more often.
- Sole responsibility for the content of our product.
- Choose and purchase or conceptualize tools and products to help grow our messaging and marketing capabilities.
- Top of market salaries based on experience.
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match.
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.