Business Development Manager
Goldstar is seeking highly motivated people for the role of Business Development Manger for our Venue Relations team. This position will focus on acquiring new events that will get our members to Go Out More! You will consult with the Venue Relations team to devise and execute strategies to bring on these new partnerships for our West Coast markets.
We are looking for a sales leader who is passionate about live entertainment and is motivated by the excitement of growing our business. As the only Advisor for new business on the West Coast you will have a huge opportunity to make an impact on our company’s growth. This job will be based out of our Pasadena (Calif.) office on bustling Lake Avenue. The job requires occasional overnight travel, and some on-call after-hours and weekend work.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and generating new leads for premiere arts and entertainment organizations that we do not currently work with.
- Pitching new live entertainment partners on the benefit of working with Goldstar.
- Creating and executing plans to meet and exceed established monthly goals for ticket sales, revenue, and development.
- Planning, developing and pitching successful pricing strategies for our partners.
- Personally building strong relationships with key live entertainment partners, including theater producers, concert promoters and marketing directors.
- Growing and maximizing sales for events listed on Goldstar.
- Implementing marketing and promotion plans.
Before applying, we recommend you:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Goldstar’s business.
- Read this job description carefully and honestly assess your fit and interest.
- Devote thought to the specific ways in which you’re well suited to this role.
How to Join Us
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you’re interested in this position and why you feel you would be successful in this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of direct sales experience.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- A strong knowledge of the arts and entertainment industry.
- Superior networking skills.
- Results oriented, motivated to win, doesn’t take no for an answer.
- Thrives in a fast paces and high pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data to form recommendations on how to grow sales for partners.
- Experience working with Sales/CRM software (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamic, Oracle, etc)
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Stock options in our fast growing company.
- 100% paid medical, vision and dental insurance including coverage for spouses and dependents at no additional cost.
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match.
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events.
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly.