Senior Product Designer
Goldstar loves live entertainment (both watching it and participating in it!) and we want to make it easy for our members to love it too. We are looking for a like-minded Product Design Lead to join our team and help us rethink the process of live-event ticketing from top to bottom.
There are a truckload of exciting changes coming to Goldstar and we want you to be right there with us as it happens! We're not a start-up, but we're still entrepreneurial. We're an established leader, but still scrappy and innovative. And with 120+ employees, we're not-too-big yet not-too-small — and still growing.
Designers play an important role at Goldstar—from helping to concept and realize new features all the way through to perfecting final details in the product. Our design team integrates with cross-functional teams in all parts of our business, and directly with the rest of our ~40 person product team. We’ve built a culture that is focused on collaboration and are looking for a designer who believes that great design happens in an open environment.
The product team is based in our Portland, Oregon office. We're excited to help relocate the right person (within the U.S.), but we're not really into telecommuters right now. Most of all, we're looking for someone who knows how to ship and support world-class experiences for millions of people.
- Using user centered design, help to define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product.
- Represent the Design Team in a cross-functional capacity, facilitate and engage in design discussions, and offer feedback during planning.
- Design prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- 4+ years of experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience delivering working software in an agile development environment.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience with Design Sprints, Personas and other Design Thinking tools and processes.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS and the ability to convey ideas in code when necessary.
- Equally comfortable designing for the web or native mobile apps. Able to articulate why and when specific platforms require a different approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Sketch expertise. Our processes are built around Sketch and Abstract, so an understanding of how to set up files and symbols for maximum share-ability is huge.
- Excited to help us continue to flesh out our design system at a strategic level.
- Experience with Framer.js, or a comparable rapid-prototyping tool.
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
Goldstar offers top of market salaries and benefits including stock options in our fast growing company and very generouos health, vision and dental benefits. Also, everyone can Goldstar can enjoy free tickets every month to all of our events. All of our offices offer a laid back atmosphere and ergonomic sit to stand desks.