Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Goldstar is looking for an experienced data scientist with expertise in using machine learning to build recommendation and personalization engines to join our team and help grow our system of applications and services. This position is located in Portland, OR. We aren’t looking for remote folks right now.
Goldstar is the industry leading event discovery platform: We’re the folks that help you find something great to do, usually at a discount, every night of the week. We believe the entertainment industry is fundamentally broken and we’re trying to do something about it. The good news is that we’re on our way, and our 10 million users love us. Don’t believe it? Check out our reviews on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goldstar-events/id...
We’re seeking engineers/data scientists to help us make going out just as easy as staying home and streaming. Goldstar members are the kinds of people that go out -- all the time -- as a way of life. That doesn’t have to be you, but maybe you know someone like that. We’re building our product for them.
Our technology stack is primarily Ruby on Rails based, so you should have some basic knowledge of working with it. For machine learning, we use a number of open-source projects running in AWS. We don’t expect anyone to have experience in all of those technologies and we are constantly evaluating other things to see if they are right for our team and mission. We deliver high quality software in a way that values short cycle times and feedback loops while continuously learning and improving.
If you join our team, you’ll have significant influence on the architecture and technical decisions of the projects you work on, and those of the team in general. You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the company to build a world class user experience. You’ll help millions of people go out more and experience their community, and you’ll be helping thousands of theaters, musicians and comedians by building their audience.
We want professional and experienced data scientists who can ship improvements on a daily basis. We have no time or patience for "Rockstars" or brogrammers. We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR. We're excited to help relocate the right people within the U.S. Most of all, we’re looking for people who know how to ship great applications.
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments to understand ecosystems, users, and long-term trends
- Experience designing, training and optimizing Machine Learning algorithms
- Broad knowledge of personalization and recommendation services and engines
- Basic understanding of deploying ML applications to AWS
- Track record of collaborating with product engineers to use ML services in consumer products
- Top of market salaries based on experience
- Stock options in our fast growing company as well as a complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans with a company match
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Monthly employee ‘comp’ tickets to events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly
- Professional growth through our conference policy